By Mary Michele Connellan,Christiane Fröhlich
This edited assortment develops a gendered lens for genocide prevention by way of uncovering socially developed gender roles that are the most important for the onset, shape and prevention of genocide and mass atrocities. This quantity attracts on modern feminist concept, thoughts of masculinity, severe discussions of foreign legislations, and in-depth case reports to supply a greater figuring out of the functionality of gender at varied levels of genocide and mass atrocity strategies in addition to a foundation for extra accomplished recommendations for genocide prevention.
Read or Download A Gendered Lens for Genocide Prevention (Rethinking Political Violence) PDF
Similar war & peace books
Among struggle and Politics is the 1st ebook size research of battle within the considered one of many twentieth-century's most vital and unique political thinkers. Hannah Arendt's writing was once essentially rooted in her figuring out of struggle and its political value. yet this section of her paintings has strangely been overlooked in foreign and political idea.
This new paperback version of Justifying Interventions in Africa incorporates a new preface written by way of Professor Annika Björkdahl from Lund University. Analysing the UN interventions in Liberia, Burundi and the Congo, Wilén poses the query of ways you can still stabilize a nation via exterior intervention with no destabilizing sovereignty.
The Israeli–Palestinian clash has led to the longest-standing refugee drawback on this planet this day. in response to new archival learn and interviews with surviving individuals, this ebook considers one early attempt to solve that drawback whereas supplying priceless classes for present efforts at clash answer within the center East and in different places.
While initially released in 1984, this booklet used to be the 1st specific examine of terrorism in eire. It assesses the location in eire after a decade or extra of violence within the North and assessments many of the assumptions in regards to the nature of terrorism and discusses the matter in a geo-political context.
- The Nobel Peace Prize: What Nobel Really Wanted
- Democratic Participation in Armed Conflict: Military Involvement in Kosovo, Afghanistan, and Iraq (Palgrave Studies in International Relations)
- Peace Research: Theory and Practice (Routledge Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution)
- Voices for the Culture of Peace Vol. 3: Compendium of the SGI-USA Culture of Peace Distinguished Speaker Series
- Context and Pretext in Conflict Resolution: Culture, Identity, Power, and Practice
- Steel Gate to Freedom: The Life of Liu Xiaobo
Extra resources for A Gendered Lens for Genocide Prevention (Rethinking Political Violence)
A Gendered Lens for Genocide Prevention (Rethinking Political Violence) by Mary Michele Connellan,Christiane Fröhlich
- Download PDF by Francesco Stoppa: La restituzione. Perch? si ? rotto il patto tra le
- New PDF release: Specific Intermolecular Interactions of Element-Organic